What do you get complimented on the most? Is it your fashion sense, flawless skin, or sense of humour? When discussing my appearance, I usually get complimented on two things; my eyelashes and my hair.
I am no scientist but I can say that my wispy and full eyelashes are thanks to my genetics. However, I believe that my long and thick hair is my own doing. Here’s how ~I think~ I achieve it.
- Brush and detangle your hair as often as you can. I use a Wet Brush and I swear by it. Not only does it help to spin your dry hair like silk, it also detangles your knots after a shower.
- If you’re going to shampoo, you need to condition. Shampoo cleans your hair while conditioner locks in the nutrients. If your hair doesn’t need a clean or you’re a broke student like me and you can’t afford to keep buying the product, condition your hair!
- Rinse conditioner out with cold water. I know it’s a pain and it’ll leave you shivering but it’s worth it. At the end of every shower, I turn the faucet to cold and let out a mini shriek. I rinse out the conditioner with the cold water. Like I said, I’m not a scientist so I’m not going to sit here and explain to you a process I don’t understand. All I know is that my hair grows fast and this is one of the things I do.
- Avoid turban-towel drying your hair. Instead flip your head over and run a towel over your scalp and through your hair. I don’t know how to explain this without sounding silly but wrap your towel around your head like a nun’s scarf. You’ll look like that thing from The Conjuring but it’ll help your hair — I pinky promise — I think (not a scientist). This method prevents the strands of your hair from splitting like it would when you twist and turn it in a rough towel.
- Use a hair mask! I use a conditioning hair mask once a week. I leave it in for however long it takes me to shave my legs and lady parts and then rinse it out with cold water. The mask I swear by is Briogeo’s Don’t Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Mask and it looks like I’m not the only one. Click here to see the reviews on Sephora.
I hope these five easy tips work as well for you as they do for me. If not, order some biotin pills.